On September 22, 2022, Bill 25 concerning the protection of personal information will gradually begin to come into effect over a period of three years. This law affects the standards of practice of health professionals, including psychotherapists.
As a psychotherapist in autonomous private practice, I will now have the following responsibilities in my clinic
- Administering and implementing the “loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels”.
- Responding to requests for personal information
- Implementing governance rules for personal information
- Maintaining records of disclosure of personal information
- Notifying the “Commission d’accès à l’information” of any privacy incidents involving personal
- Maintaining a log of privacy incidents involving personal information
Other measures will also be in place by 2024: more information will follow.
Responsible for the protection of personal information for the clinic